Monday, June 20, 2022

ANCESTRY DOT COM

I've researched family genealogy for 60 yrs. I've spent countless hours verifying information and obtaining documentation. THen I look on ANCESTRY DOT COM and find that most people post trees up there that are totally erroneous and useless. If you use Ancestry be advised that 99% of the folks on there couldn't recognize their ass from a hole in the ground. Trees are screwed up. Information is either simply ignored. I've seen trees where the parent were born AFTER the children. I've seen trees where the person of interest died long before the person included in the tree. Find REAL sources not someone else's work that is just plain incorrect. Don't copy a tree just because you want to fill in the blanks. All you are doing in that case is ruining the historical information. Learn how to search and evaluate and correlate data. But that is beyond most of you. You are too stupid and offend the memories of your ancestors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home